Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mama's Flowers

I can't help writing about Mama and her beautiful garden every time I come back from a vacation back home. Her flowers are just breathtaking.

This time, I was lucky to have my brother in law, Saturn, around for a fresh photographic take of Mama's flowers.


Sometimes, I still couldn't figure out she has managed to grow a garden full of pretty little delights. Before every trip home I look forward to what changed during the time I was out - what orchid varieties are in bloom now, what replaced the gumamelas that lined the walkways, what was growing around the grotto, if the fruit trees have produced sprouts yet, and so on. There's just always something new, something pleasurable, sometimes surprising. Like this lemon shrub that's managed to bear fruit. I can't wait to harvest and have a taste of this home-grown treat.



Click here for more photos by Saturn Labanda.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails