Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lovin' my Friends BUT NOT my Lab Results

I had a lot of friends in high school. We didn't have permanent classmates so each year, I gain a different set of really close friends, which I somehow managed to maintain since we essentially all are close to one another. When we all went our different ways through college, I kind of lost contact with much of them, to my sadness. My friendship with Nhing, though, sort of lasted the longest and closest. We have very different worlds but here we are - exchanging husband notes. Baby notes later since I don't have one. That's another story, of course.
So I got this package the other day from Nhing who now lives in Melbourne with her husband and kids.



For a while I thought I was receiving vaccines. The bag looked very much like the kind we use to transport vaccines. How cute!


Instead, the little thermo container was full of yummy items that remind us very well of the land down under. Noy love those cheeses to death.


I love cheeses too, but I really want to rip open the Tim Tams the moment I saw them. It was so sweet of Nhing to send something I haven't tasted yet -


Sadly though, I can't eat them. Not yet, at least. Not when it got slightly worse instead of better.


Lousy picture, I know. The point is, based on these lab results, I'm still not in good shape. It's a pity, because since I started working in PGH I've actually felt that I had lost some weight. I do the Orbitrek each morning and I do an awfully lot more walking here than when I was working in Laguna. Plus, my husband and I have stopped breakfasting at McDonald's because I've managed to cook breakfast that doesn't require deep frying. This really put me down a bit, but I refuse to get carried away too much. Not when Noy and I are only a few hundred pesos away from one of these -



Another good friend of mine, Jazelyn, had some business to do in PGH the other day and decided to stop by for a visit. It was so good to see her after several months! We used to meet for coffee and shopping like once a month but I stopped inviting her when she told me that everyone at work were raring for her to finally obtain her MS by finishing her thesis.

So we squeezed in a light dinner onto her busy busy sked (she had to rush back to her lab to run some more God knows what tests) at Figaro.

We shared a bowl of (super yummy!) pasta a la carlo and my favorite, clubhouse sandwich, over gossip, sad stories, funny stories, silly stuff. We raved on her cool new haircut which worked very well. I realized meeting friends like this could be such a refreshing way to relax after work. I don't remember the last time I did. I don't even know if I did at all until then.

I tried their new Cinnamon Chai Latte, which is light and very good. Honestly though, I'd still line up for a chai tea latte at CBTL. Enough said. Maybe I'd try the one with raspberry the next time I'm in Figaro. I'm curious about the new set meals as well and I would like to know if those are good.

Nevertheless, wherever or whatever way I get my fix of chai latte, tim tam, or cheddar, I know it's always going to be better if enjoyed with a good old friend. Best if finally my lab results turn out normal next time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails