Friday, February 26, 2010

Memories of February 26s Past

I can fully remember two.

First was when Noy and I started this thing called togetherness twelve years ago.


After Humanities class at the new college building on February 26, 1998, we had a conversation in the middle of the classroom just when our classmates were leaving. It when on like this -
Noy (sliding his hands to my arms after resting his right across the back of my chair the entire time at class): So... (smiling) do I still have to ask....?
Me: Do I still have to answer (grinning)?
Noy (arms around my waist): So I don't have to ask... (grinning)?
Me (burying my face to his chest & hugging him): (inaudible giggles)

so technically, there never a yes or no thing. It bordered on "it just happened".
The details are in our theknot.com page we built while preparing for our wedding.


Nine years later, we had our pre-nuptial photos taken.

It had been drizzling since the morning of February 26, 2007. I was late for my trial hair and makeup appointment because Noy picked me up late, but Norman was a gracious and emphatic person. He's a very good artist, too. We were leaving the salon when Chito Vecina asked that the shoot be postponed, otherwise the quality of the pictures might suffer.
We could not let it happen so I prayed really hard while Noy d rove to Harbour Square. I mean I was ready to buy a really nice umbrella and some cool rain gear, if circumstances would ask for that. We really just wanted to have the shoot done on our special day. We were celebrating nine years for crying out loud.
The little streaks of sunshine on the car window a few minutes after felt like little warm pats on the back. We were ready. We were thankful.

But then there were little puddles on the floor.


And I was a sweaty nervous wreck.


But God gave me my sunset shot.


And the love of my life beside me through happy and sad, on-cam & off.


I could not ask for more.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails