Sunday, June 06, 2010

Crab Mentality

Yep. Im still alive. The whole IELTS hoopla thing is on a fizzle, but I've adjusted to that and I'm hoping for the best. What kept me busy these days was the title Assistant to the Overall Co-Chair of the 10th Midyear Convention of the Philippine Society of Oncology, Inc.

Obviously, it's my first time going on business like these. And like anything, I'm having ups & lows, but there are definitely more ups, so I'm quite enjoying myself. Rubbing elbows with the high and mighty in the Oncology world felt different but thrilling.

I've been into meetings here and there, and it's great to meet people in this circumstance. I get to arrange the entire program, talk to the speakers and panelists, and know about the different support groups concerned with cancer and cancer-stricken patients and their caregivers. This whole process involves a lot of learning, for which I am grateful.

Here is the ad which is hopefully being scattered here and there. And while awaiting for my affiliate membership to be approved, I'd like to invite you to this event, which is very much open to the lay, apart from medical professionals.


Registration fee is free for PSO members, Php 500 for doctors, Php 300 for nurses and other medical & allied medical professionals, and Php 100 for laypeople. It's on June 26th at the Auditorium of the Lung Center of the Philippines. For more about the midyear convention, please get in touch with the Secretariat at philsoco_pso@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails