Monday, July 26, 2010

So Fab Sofitel

Someone treated us for a sleepover at Sofitel Philippine Plaza, the famous hotel beside Manila Bay that has witnessed a lot of wedding preparations and receptions, not to mention various corporate events and the like. Noy and I have been countless times because of events and weddings, either as a couple or as individuals, but we've never really stayed there. We considered it when we were choosing a reception venue for our wedding but found the price a tad too expensive. We do not have regrets spending our money on Diamond Hotel instead, but we're just as thrilled to stay at Sofitel for free. =)

Previous peeks tell me they've redesigned and improved their guestrooms, to our enjoyment.

I got pretty excited to see the L'Occitane verbena line travel kit in the stylish bathroom. I just love the just-showered scent of verbena on my skin.

Noy's a fan of cool showerheads, so he is so digging this one.

Dinner buffet was great, as always.

A lot of people go crazy over Sofitel's My Bed, which is really just a thin soft sheet placed over the bed, kind of like a thin mattress, claiming to take the shape of the person on the bed. Some swear by its ultra-soft feel that makes one want to just stay in bed forever. I honestly did not see what it was all about, even after waking up in the morning. I agree the bed is ultra-comfortable, but I've slept equally satisfying nights elsewhere. I don't have anything against My Bed, I bet it's a really good product. I guess I'm just irked at other people over-reacting to it on several internet sites just to be labeled sosyal. Oh well. It's other someone will kindly point it out to me or a good sleep really depends on a lot of factors aside from the bed or the contraptions in and around it.

But I had a good sleep, Noy and I both did. By the way the pool does look awesome at night when viewed from above.

We were looking forward to breakfast at the much raved upon Spiral, Sofitel's all day dining place below the lobby.

There was food, fabulous food everywhere. I honestly didn't know where to start because everything looked and smelled so good. I must say we were given a pretty nice spot right beside the spiral staircase. Noy and I loved the hot chocolate and OJ amidst the plenty. Ahhh the simple things.

I invited my parents to come stay with us in the morning. They bought our apo, Gerard, and his Lola along. I'm so happy to see them enjoying themselves even just for a while. How I wish I can treat them to a Sofitel sleepover, too.

Someday. I can't wait!

=)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails