Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Prayer for Healing

No, I don't have cancer. But I do have certain things in my life right now that are beginning to get out of control. It feels so awful sometimes that it feels almost as if I'm physically sick.

I'd previously deal with it under the sheets. Literally. I'd blame the world for my many misfortunes and cry and cry until my tears run dry. It was very cowardly and did not really solve the problems. But hey it made me feel better even just for a while.

One Sunday several months ago someone was handing out leaflets to mall-goers, Mama and myself included. I accepted one but I never really read it. Not until Mama told me much later that she was praying the prayer printed on the leaflet every night and it always made her feel at peace.

So I did the same, recite the Prayer for Healing each and every night, from the heart, especially during times like these. It's deceptively brave, it makes me feel much better, and yes, it does solve problems (in myriad ways).

Prayer for Healing

Dear God,

You said, Come to Me all of you who are tired and heavily burdened and I will give you rest.

I come to you today... right now. Please touch every pore, every fiber, every cell of my body. Touch my mind, my heart and my spirit. Fill me with hope. Teach me to believe that with God, nothing is impossible. Help me to believe that nothing happens by chance and everything that happens has a reason.

I trust that no matter what, You will fight for me. I only need to be still. I need not fear anymore. Help me, heal me, hug me, be here in my pain. Blessed pain, holy pain. Blessed pain, holy pain.

I accept Your will, but touch every part of me that needs healing. Heal my body, heal my heart, heal my mind, heal my spirit, heal my pocket, heal my memories. I have come to You with my burdens. You will give me peace, You will give me rest, You will give me healing. And this I believe -

I believe that I am healed.

I believe that I am whole.

I believe that I can now live life to the full.

Mother Mary, Regina Rosarii, intercede for me to Jesus, your Son. I ask this in the Name of Jesus - the Great Healer, the Great Provider. AMEN.


The original prayer only refers to first person (the person actually praying) but Mama prays a second version after praying for herself. She replaces the ”I” with “his/her”,” they”, and so on; so in effect she's praying for her family, friends, even for strangers. It's short and easy so one could always pray this whatever the situation may be. It’s powerful, inspiring, and invokes all who read it to have a renewed sense of faith in God and belief in the Blessed Virgin’s intercession.



May you be inspired too,



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails