Saturday, April 02, 2011

Krazy Garlik

We never really wanted to eat there. Sure, at around the time of its grand opening we were intrigued because Noy is such a garlic lover. The menu, however, was a great turn-off. Sure, we love good food, but we hate okay food that demands a lot from the wallet just because of its location.

It's in one of the poshest places comfortably accessible to the middle class - Greenbelt 5. As one steps inside though, the feel is one of those rather sleazy restobars. I am not an interior design expert but I do know what's appealing and not. It was just dark and cramped. So we decided to proceed to the balcony and dine al fresco. It was a lot better, but they should have provided cooling fans. Yes, we dined. Just because we love the friend who wanted to see us on a whim that day. Anyway. The waiters are good-looking, had good manners, and provided good service.

We just had late lunch so we suggested that we share a pizza and let the friend order a pasta for himself. We had Four Cheeses (Php 495) which in all honesty was good. The cheeses taste strong and full in the mouth, the garlic imminent in the background. The crust was not that crispy but I didn't really mind.

The friend had Penne Arrabiatta (Php 325) - a creamy concoction of spicy tomato, basil and parmesan which tastes overly spicy I didn't feel the garlic at all. I got full from all the water I needed to drown the scary red sauce down.

That was all we had, for which we were charged Php1k++. I know, it's a Bistro Group restaurant known for their expensive taste and good service. I appreciate the effort of putting up a place where garlic lovers can worship their favorite ingredient, but it just feels insufficient as far as creativity is concerned. The name is cute and believable, so we expected the menu items to be spectacularly garlicky different.

I may not have all the right in the world to be blogging about the restaurant after trying only two dishes. I may have to give it a go again sometime to try the other dishes but with the price, I don't think so.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails