Friday, January 22, 2010

Goodbye, Fishy Meat! Hello, Colored Cuts!

We passed by Play and Display a few days back after watching Avatar and found this on sale -



At Php 990 (around USD 22), it's a bit pricey for a cutting board. Actually, it's a set of four cutting boards. Color-coded cutting boards! Red for meat, blue for fish, green for vegetables, and white for bread. They store like files in an office in a stylish silver stand. Soo cute!

I'm buying it more for the health benefits than the extra eye candy my little kitchen counter would get. First, my bread or veggies won't get salmonella from the meats. Second, my food won't smell like anything they are not. Don't you just hate when your salad greens and veggies smell and taste like raw fish or meat, even if you've washed the old cutting board in hot water three times before slicing them? Lastly, it will save me time, water and dishwashing liquid because now I don't have to wash the old cutting board every now and then just to slice a few different items.

Now if only there's a nice set of gorgeous knives on sale to complement this cool kitchen experience...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails