Friday, September 17, 2010

New Favorite

No, we aren't exactly tired of our favorite spa place. It's just that someone told us this place is very good in terms of the price and ambience. Noy and I were both very tired that day and were just looking for this chance to relax a little - he from a very long list of patients, me from a very tall pile of clothes ironed.So off we went to a branch located at the Somerset Millenium in Aguirre St., Makati.

The moment I stepped inside, I already felt I was in a different place. It was so relaxing to sit on batik-printed easy chairs and stare at the colorful upside-down umbrellas on the ceiling. The indirect lighting on the wooden plank floor was just right - not too dark and not too bright. The place is quite small and the beds are separated by curtains only, but I didn't sense privacy and personal space issues here. Everything is quite simple - no overbearing furniture and decor, no superlative fragrances that almost hurt the nasal mucosa. And it works just fine.

My attendant was very professional. She had firm sure strokes. She knew where to place more attention to. I hate to compare but I liked the process here better than our favorite place, where I stumbled upon hurried attendants who couldn't seem to wait for my session to end. I even had one attendant who kept chomping away at a sandwich while she was kneading my arms. I have nothing against eating on the job, but they take breaks in between, don't they? I would really love the full attention of my attendant who's supposed to make me feel relaxed because I paid good money for it. Over at Lotus, the attendants take their jobs seriously. Mine at least does. She spent a lot of time with my foot and head, which I enjoyed tremendously. I even heard Noy snore at one time, but he doesn't remember falling asleep during the massage. No sense of hurry + careful defined attentive massaging = true relaxation.

On the downside, they don't have showers. The attendants just put powder on those areas massaged with oil. This shouldn't matter if you're headed home after the massage.

Did I mention that Lotus offers affordable prices for its services? The combination massage was Php100+ cheaper than in our favorite place. I think I should stop calling it our favorite place because I obviously have a beginning obsession with this new one.


Have a relaxing weekend,





photos from the Lotus My Massage Place facebook page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne, turo nyo smen to pguwi ko ha :) thanks! - nica

anne said...

sure nica! will try naman the foot spa this weekend =)
have fun there in guam!

Related Posts with Thumbnails