Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Dr Juice

It's quite hard to believe that this little stall in Makati

serves sumptuous dishes like these -

Noy frequents this place for lunch because it gives him a chance to eat fish without worrying about fish bones, or about the fact that it's not paksiw. I love paksiw na isda, especially if it's bangus or sapsap. Noy thinks it's still raw (but he eats sushi!).

In this light, I find Dr Juice quite a blessing because my husband gets to eat food other than pork, beef or chicken. I like the fact that they serve brown rice. The weekly menu list is quite impressive; some of the items sound a lot foreign to me, although when Noy describes the dish it turns out it's just a fancy name. Nevertheless, it's a good alternative to the jolly jeep.

Last week, he took home Mixed Seafood Etouffee to me - a medley of squid, fish fillets and shrimp on a bed of celery and spicy sauce. It was yum, but his Cream Dory in Parsley Cream Sauce is yummier. The portions are huge; I was really really full by the time I bit on the last morsel. At Php 80-85 per serving (with either white or brown rice) it's quite a steal.

Dr Juice is located along Salcedo Street, Makati. It's on the left side of the road if you're walking from Makati Med to Greenbelt.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails