Thursday, September 30, 2010

Some Vanity Secrets, and the One

With so many beauty and bath products these days, it's so hard to choose from a vast array of both local and imported products since most of them look, smell and feel so tempting. A year or so ago I've decided to veer away from makeup after receiving strong(!) confirmation from friends, colleagues, and strangers that my skin does look great these days. One acquaintance even asked me how much I paid for an intravenous glutathione session. I gasped, and admitted I used glutathione CAPSULES two months before my wedding and stopped. From then on it was just Vaseline. Really.

For my face, I wash with Dove white beauty bar and Olay Total Effects facial wash at night.


I moisturize with Myra E with SPF 15 on weekdays and Olay Total Effects with SPF 15 on weekends. Before it was just Olay all day all night, weekdays and weekends, but when I noticed that my skin was getting a little too white already, I stopped using it for a while. Then I discovered Myra-E, which is great because I don't have to put on a separate sunscreen (saves me time and money), but I still missed the powerful moisturizing effect of Olay, so I came up with such schedule and now Im happy =D


Okay so now the things that I felt made my skin look great aren't very secret anymore.

During a trip to Watson's to replenish my supplies, I noticed these pretty things sitting brightly on an otherwise drab corner. The pretty things happened to be bath and beauty products with the brand name One. The salesperson told me it's a US-based company whose products are formulated by a Filipina. The philosophy is right-on environment-friendly, but they take pride not just in their formulation but in the eco-friendly packaging. The girl was more than happy to show me their unique products, which really caught my eye, not just because of the cute packaging but in their very forms and names.

"Blast from the Past" for the anti-aging soap. This one has an invigorating berry scent.

This "hair biscuit" happens to be solid shampoo. It's applied to the hair several times, lathered up and rinsed. I'm intrigued, but opted not to buy this one since I'm being very careful about what I put in my thin hair. A lot of people in the US are so fascinated with this product it's been featured a lot in print and on TV.

The hair conditioner is solid, too. Perfect for travelling. Look ma, no spills!

Their bestseller is this hand and body lotion named Cloud 9. It has a soothing sweet scent. It's rich and creamy yet very light on the skin.

Another cool product is the lotion massage bar. This one, with red monggo-like seeds on its surface, named "Oh my gosh!" is supposed to melt one's stresses away, but I went for the smoother, calming one in blue packaging. It's supposed to erase my scars and stretch marks away. We'll see.

Other try-worthy products are the shea body butter in yummy variants, lip butter balm, and the after-shower skin conditioner. All products are quite pricey for my local taste, but after several tries I think it's fair enough. The more important thing is that these are all-natural products inside and out. The tin containers are very cute and would definitely serve another purpose after the product is consumed. It's also nice to be doing something good for the planet while keeping a naturally pampered body.


Be naturally gorgeous,


2 comments:

Sidnister said...

Hahahaha! Anne, we use two products in common. I also use the Vaseline Healthy White and the Myra E with SPF 15. Being out commuting most of the time, a dermatologist friend suggested I use sun block.But being low EQ, I decided to go for products with sunblock incorporated into it na. By the way, if you want, try mo yung nature's way line of products... it's ingredients are all natural and a portion of the sales goes to GK. It's a filipino company from what I heard and it's going the route of Avon.

BTW, Do you ride the LRT ba? I think I saw you at the P Gil station a couple of weeks back.

Regards!

anne said...

hi sidney! yes, i do take the EDSA-bound LRT. so that was most likely me you saw =)

i think vaseline healthy white and myra e with spf are really good products. i'll check nature's way out in the near future, i think i saw that line in watson's too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails