Monday, July 06, 2009

Back to the Grind

Had a blood chemistry check late last week.


Did you see how high my serum triglyceride level was? It's ridiculous!

But acceptable.

See, I'm diabetic. I've been taking medications for two years now and having my blood chem checks anytime I like, but this is only the second time my TG levels were scary-high. I ignored the first check (I think any doctor who's more concerned about things other than their personal health would do so too.) since diabetics are expected to have high triglyceride levels despite good blood glucose control.This time I've decided I'd be a little more concerned because my blood glucose level isn't well-controlled either.

For starters, these 5 basic reminders should help me focus (hey, it pays to be slow but sure) -

1. No more hash browns during Monday breakfasts (we almost always go to a McDonald's
along South Luzon Expressway on the way to the week-long work).

2. If fast food could not be avoided during lunch and dinner, french fries or fried potatoes in
any form must be avoided.

3. Eat fat-free yogurt instead of ice cream for dessert (im a huge ice cream fan! but where in
the surface of laguna province is there fat-free yogurt? :( )

4. See my endocrinologist for crying out loud and stop my husband or me from treating
myself. I know I should be taking Gemfibrozil already, but it's best to know what I don't
want to know.

5. AND! start cranking this baby up again.


this machine (the one at home, that is) had been sitting in one lonely corner of the house for
so long already, and literally gathering dust. i can almost feel its open arms welcoming me
again!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Madelief said...

Hi Anna,

Thank you for following my blog. I saw you just started you blog as well. It looks good! How unfortunate your Triclyceride level is high. Wish you good luck with yout diet & cross trainer!

Kind regards,

Madelief

Related Posts with Thumbnails