Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Spongebob and the Secret

I immediately forgot last Sunday that I'm on the quest to lower my serum triglycerides.

Noy is such a huge Spongebob fan so we braved the weather and the traffic that followed it and drove to SM Megamall to see him, Patrick and Squidward. We parked at the lowest basement level of The Podium (yeah, the mall was that full), but before we got there this a**hole almost collided with us in his attempt to get ahead of us.



Determined to make the most of what was left of our weekend, we shunned the bad vibes away and breathed deeply. Gotta see spongebob!

(Geez. I need a new camera that I can bring anytime anywhere...)

We did, but we had to wait for the kids' activity to finish before they let Spongebob out. So we waited and looked around and found this just behind the stage -


We’ve been eyeing Secret Recipe for sometime now since we first saw it at Rob Midtown. They have a store in Shang, but Wham! Burger always succeeded at beckoning us whenever we’re there.
Now here’s the good news –
I could not wait to try all four! So we tried two, which the friendly and courteous staff told us were their bestsellers.

The Minestrone Soup was a bit watered-down for me, but a well-traveled friend told me it may be thick or otherwise. It was flavorful though.


I didn't like the Tom Yum Spaghetti either. It was like eating chicken binacol with tomato sauce and pasta. But I heard a lot of people like this.
























I liked their Chicken Cordon Bleu! It was tender and crispy at the same time, the cheese oozing with each slice. The salad was simple but delicious as well. Oh yeah, it came with fries too. That makes a lot of fries - hot soft savory simply tasteful little potato ridged wedges that I was supposed to ignore.

One thing about this store that I can't ignore though is the simple but classy interiors. I particularly liked this glass & wood panel by our table -


I love the clean white tables and chairs too. But I love this one better -

These orange chairs are in a cozy spot beside the counter. I think they are just so pretty and comfortable. They sit next to a large wood-framed mirror, which I love, as well as the classy yet warm vibe that it imparts. This is where we had dessert, a luscious but light chocolate mudcake.

A lot of food establishments do this, too, but I just want to share the fact that Secret Recipe places leftovers in these nifty microwaveable containers that will definitely be useful to us who try to make recycling a part of our lives. It's a thoughtful act to consider the customer's convenience, which is reason enough to come back...


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails