Tuesday, July 07, 2009

MY Fourth of July

This week, I'm celebrating one full year working as a research doctor for GSK. On July 4 last year I had to ask my husband to cover for me for three hours while I attended an endorsement meeting cum welcome party for me and the new clinical research assistant Nona, in a resto 2 towns away from the hospital. It was a scary move, but it paid off quite well. Thank God.


I feel blessed to have this job. I never get overworked and it pays good. It's not permanent, but it allows me to broaden my horizons. I work in an office setting but I am still a doctor. I still work with patients but no one comes to me dying. Thank God.


I am lucky to have a thoughtful boss, a supportive colleague, a trustworthy staff, and understanding CRAs. Thank God.


It's been a fun and fruitful year. There were a few hitches, but this good job tells me I am going to get through it. No fireworks necessary. The freedom to choose and to be happy is all worth it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails